Sunday, July 18, 2010

more medication

well the medication the rheumatologist gave me two months ago has not been helping. According to him things have been getting worse. I guess i have more swollen joints than last time i was there. So he put me on another medication called Methotrexate. I will have to give myself weekly injections (shots) in the stomach. Brian will have to do it at first. I can not handle this whole idea. It had me in tears at my instruction visit. They showed me how to fill up the seringe and how to pinch the skin to give the shot and i couldn't and wouln't do it. I hate needles and always have. Brian does not mind doing it for me. This will be our first try on Thursday, hope it goes ok. I just hope this medication works for me. I should start noticing results within a few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment