Thursday, April 26, 2012

two weeks

Well it has been two long and stressful weeks of eating right but I am about 95% pain free. Eating right to me is a lot of fruit, veggies, wheat and a little bit of dark chocolate and ginger cookies for sweets. I have been off medication for over a year now and I started feeling some swelling in my hands over the past month. I decided to give it a try and really see if avoiding these foods would improve my pain and it has. Along with upping my fish oil and adding in Zyflammend for inflammation I am starting to feel better. I keep wondering how long I can do this. Its tough everyday to eat the same things so I am trying some new recipes and adding in some anti inflammatory spices to my food.
After a while I will slowly start to introduce foods back into my diet and see how i feel. Right now the things I have been avoiding are: dairy, corn, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, red meat and of course white bread, white pasta and my favorite, pizza.

No comments:

Post a Comment